Lemon Tart Protein Slice
A creamy and zesty slice with a delicious crunchy biscuit base. Made with wholesome natural ingredients, it is gluten free, dairy free and vegan. Try stopping at one slice…we dare you.
Time: 40 mins
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 pinch NAVA Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 scoop PranaON Tribal Force Lemon Tart Protein
- 1 Tbsp NAVA Hemp Seeds
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp NAVA Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 Tbsp NAVA Coconut Nectar
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4-5 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Add raw cashews to a mixing bowl and cover with boiling hot water. Let rest for 1 hour (uncovered). Drain thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C) and line a baking dish (20cm x 20cm) with baking paper.
- Add oats, almonds, sea salt, and coconut sugar to a food processor and mix on high until a fine.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and add maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Stir with a spoon to combine until a loose dough is formed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough instead of it crumbling. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to a baking tray and spread evenly. Then place baking paper on top and use a flat-bottomed object, such as a drinking glass, to press down firmly until it’s evenly distributed and well packed.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then increase heat to 375 F (190 C) and bake for 5-8 minutes more, or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from oven to cool slightly, then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Once cashews are soaked and drained, add to the food processor with coconut cream, coconut flour, lemon juice, lemon zest, Himalayan pink salt, and maple syrup. Mix on high until very creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavour as needed.
- Pour filling over the pre-baked crust and spread into an even layer. Tap on counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the edges look very slightly dry and the centre appears “jiggly” but not liquid-y.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then transfer to refrigerator to let cool completely (uncovered) – at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, slice and garnish with fresh lemon and hemp seeds. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, up to 4 days, though best within the first 2 days
For more health & fitness tips, advice, inspiration, samples & products, head along to the NZ Fitness & Health Expo (27-28 October) at Auckland’s ASB Showgrounds, Greenlane. There’s free seminars, live cooking demos, kids fitness classes, 100+ quality exhibits, group workouts & classes, samples and so much more! For more info & tickets visit www.nzfitnessexpo.co.nz