This recipe makes: 1 bottle (300ml) of Mayo
Serving size: 1Tbsp – Make time: 5 mins
- 250ml (1 cup) light olive oil (MUST be light or the taste will be too intense)
- 1 fresh egg
- 2 tsp mustard or 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1Tbsp lemon juice
- Optional for a more aioli taste: 1 tsp crushed gar1ic
- In a food processor or in a bowl with a stick blender, mix together the egg. mustard, lemon juice and garlic.
- With the processor/blender still going, slowly pour In the light olive oil.
- Store in a glass bottle in the fridge for 7-10days (depending on the egg’s freshness) and SHAKE WELL before each use.
Calories: 70 Carbs: 0 Fat: 8 Protein: 0 Fibre: 0
Check out the Nutrition Kitchen at the NZ Fitness & Health Expo (27-28 October – ASB Showgrounds, Auckland) for more great recipes, live cooking demos with Simone Olivia! Tickets on sale now at www.nzfitnessexpo.co.nz