Garlic and Herb Cauliflower Rice
Change up your meal or side dish to this tasty cauliflower rice. Save some calories with this Paleo friendly dish
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lime, for serving
- Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse until reduced to the size of rice grains.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic to the pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in the cauliflower and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the water to the pan and cover.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes until the cauliflower has softened, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and fold in the fresh parsley.
- Serve warm, with lime as garnish.
Check out the Nutrition Kitchen at the NZ Fitness & Health Expo (28-29 October – ASB Showgrounds, Auckland) for more great recipes, live cooking demos and Ashy Bines presenting her ‘Kittens in the Kitchen’ with gal pal Gretty Rose LIVE! Tickets on sale now at www.nzfitnessexpo.co.nz