What The Fat – LCHF Courgette Fritters
Courgette season is here, and this delicious LCHF take on the humble fritter is sure to satisfy! We’ve paired ours with halloumi, tomatoes and of course, crispy bacon – but you can serve all sorts of LCHF toppings to suit your taste buds! This is an awesome ‘anytime’ meal to whip up for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- 4 Rashers of bacon
- Some slices of Halloumi
- 3 large courgettes
- 1/4 (30g) grated Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup LSC ( linseed, sunflower, chia)
- 1/3 cup parsley leaves
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper to taste
- Cooking oil
- Cook 4 rashers of bacon and some slices of halloumi in a pan. Once cooked, leave to one side.
- Grate courgettes into a bowl and season with salt.
- Mix together well, then drain off the excess fluid by draining through a sieve. Turn out the grated courgette onto a paper towel to soak up the moisture.
- Place courgettes into a mixing bowl and add grated mozzarella, LSC & parsley, & eggs, then mix well together.
- Place into a hot, well-oiled pan evenly dispersed. Flip over and cook until brown on both sides.
- Take off heat and place onto a paper towel to cool.
- Serve with bacon, halloumi & cherry tomatoes with a splash of olive oil.
Check out the Nutrition Kitchen at the NZ Fitness & Health Expo (28-29 October – ASB Showgrounds, Auckland) for more great recipes, live cooking demos with Dr Caryn Zinn & Chef Craig Rodger! Tickets on sale now at www.nzfitnessexpo.co.nz